Bobsleighing with team GB
Broker incentive to St Moritz for LV
What was the challenge?
LV, the most recommended insurance provider in the UK, became the official sponsor of Team GB’s Olympic bobsleigh team in 2011. The brief to Inconnection was to make full use of the sponsorship to create a ‘money can’t buy’ event to reward and recognise the top 20 brokers of LV’s breakdown cover division, Britannia Rescue.
What did we do?
- Inconnection researched the brokers’ profile and discovered a set of wealthy, discerning MDs, business owners and C-Suite executives. The usual gung ho options like go-karting or paintballing were absolutely off the list here!
- Inconnection looked at the bobsleigh team’s competition schedule and noticed that in St Moritz, Europe’s premier ski resort, they would be competing at the same time as a Cartier-sponsored ice polo tournament. So by holding the event here, we’d be giving the delegates an even more thrilling trip.
- Going all out to create the wow-factor included:
- Arranging for the ski lifts to restart after hours so the delegates could take an exclusive, champagne fuelled gondola trip to a mountain-top restaurant, followed by a torch-lit ski flash ride back down.
- A day spent with the bobsleigh team where they had the chance to discuss the secrets of success in competition, in business and in sport, in a specially arranged Q & A session.
- A heart-stopping bobsleigh ride, one to one with a professional.
- Opportunities to ski, watch the ice polo or simply relax in the luxurious surroundings of the 5* hotel.
What did they say?
“I’ve received numerous thanks for the weekend from guests who clearly had a great time. I really appreciated your role ensuring the event was very well organised and ‘went with a swing’. You did a fantastic job and we’ll certainly give you a call if we’re doing something similar in the future”
— Andrew Beard & John O’Roarke
What were the results?
The delegates were suitably flattered by the luxury and exclusivity of the event, and their relationship with LV/Britannia Rescue was made decidedly stronger – as was their desire to maintain their position in the top 20 in order to be invited back next year.
The event was felt to be so successful, it was repeated each year that LV continued to sponsor the bobsleigh team.