An expo that delivered extra
Vendor Expo in London for Trustmarque
What was the challenge?
Trustmarque is a leading provider of end-to-end IT solutions for UK based clients working in a highly competitive market. Having noticed that their competitors frequently held vendor exhibitions, they decided that they wanted to launch a new, better expo to win new business and strengthen relationships with their existing clients. As is often the case, there was little internal resource or expertise to organise such a massive event, and Trustmarque also wanted it to be as cost neutral as possible.
What did we do?
- Inconnection recommended the Grand Connaught Rooms, one of London’s most stylish and opulent event venues but also excellent value for money when compared to other larger halls.
- Vendors were offered a variety of sponsorship packages, including exhibition stands, case studies and speaking slots enabling them to promote their own brands while keeping costs down for Trustmarque.
- Inconnection took responsibility for all the event logistics – organising the speakers, delegate registration and management of the exhibiting vendors. We also produced all the event invitations and post-event feedback forms.
What did they say?
This was a massively successful event. The day ran without a hitch, the numbers were bang on – slightly more than forecast in fact – the vendors were happy, customers were happy, and the SMT thinks it was one of the most important milestones in the evolution of our company. Microsoft said that it was as good, or possibly better, than Channel Expo, which they have been doing for years.”
— Simon Rutt
What were the results?
- The figures speak for themselves: 220 people attended the event – far more than predicted; 90% of the costs were covered by vendor funding and sponsorship; over 30 channel partners bought stands at the expo, and 100 new business leads were generated.
- Trustmarque was also able to successfully demonstrate how it works with vendors to prospective and existing clients, and valuable feedback gathered from the event was incorporated into the company’s business strategy.
- The event was so successful it ran for a further two years.