Spotlight On... Hawaii Incentives
- Corporate hospitality packages
Hawaii’s islands are Pacific paradises, with dormant volcanoes, legendary beaches and lush interiors that feel like nowhere else on earth.
That’s why the world is split into two groups of people - those who want to go to the Aloha State, and those who have already been and want to go back.
This beautiful, welcoming destination has a huge amount to offer corporate visitors. Hawaii incentives can range from the restful to the adrenaline-soaked, with six main islands, some of the world's best scenery and activities, and some laid-back luxury hotels and beach bars that demand a closer look...
Flights to Hawaii are via the US, with carriers including Delta, United, KLM and British Airways offering the route. BA flights from Heathrow to LAX take around 11 hours, with connecting flights to Hawaiian airports (Honolulu International in Oahu, Lihue Airport in Kauai and Kahului Airport in Maui) taking around six hours.
Once in Hawaii connections and travel are easy. Most hotels offer shuttle buses or cars, and private hire cars, taxis and buses are readily available at all airports and major hotels. Inter-island flights are also an option if required for your itinerary.
Where to Go & What to Do
Incentive trips to Hawaii generally centre around either Maui, Oahu or the Big Island. Vibrant, relaxed and informal, the islands offer an endless variety of outdoor activities, along with some outstanding dining options (try poke - traditional Hawaiian raw fish dishes) and shopping. Must-dos include:
- Enjoy the Islands: Book a round at one of Hawaii's breathtaking golf courses (the Plantation Course at Kapalua Resort and Princeville Makai Golf Club are favourites). Book a 4x4 tour of the Chain of Craters road on the Big Island to see active volcanoes. Don't forget to book in down time to let your group enjoy some of the best beaches and local hospitality in the world. ,
- Enjoy the Ocean: Book your team surfing lessons - stick to Oahu's South Shore if they're all beginners. Charter a boat for a private trip to Molokini, a Marine Life Conservation District where you can snorkel with turtles, sharks and more. Book Hawaii incentives (and a private boat trip) between January-March for almost guaranteed humpback whale spotting off Maui. ,
- Embrace Waikiki: As 'mainstream' as Hawaii gets, Waikiki on Oahu is a great base for memorable Hawaii incentives. Best known for its legendary beach, the area now also boasts a wealth of high-end hotels, shops and destination restaurants. Book your trip to coincide with the Honolulu Biennial arts festival to enjoy buzzing events right on the doorstep.
Eating & Drinking
Outstanding restaurants are easy to come by on all of Hawaii's islands - but Honolulu is its food capital. Stand out restaurants in Honolulu include Town (sustainable, locally sourced cuisine), MW Honolulu (a playful take on American-Hawaiian food) and Alan Wong's Honolulu (laid back fine-dining with locally sourced ingredients).
Beyond these destination restaurants are endless local restaurants, vibrant beach bars and unique venues for hosting drinks receptions or prize-givings - we'd love to talk to you about finding perfect venues for your Hawaii incentives.
- The Royal Hawaiian, Honolulu: The Royal Hawaiian has been an iconic Waikiki strip hotel for almost a century. Bright pink and retro, the Royal Hawaiian lives up to contemporary expectations thanks to great service and refurbed rooms. Steps from the beach and Kalakaua Avenue’s shopping and restaurants. ,
- Ilikai Hotel & Luxury Suites, Honolulu: The Waikiki strip's westernmost hotel, this part-residential historic high-rise block might be familiar from the opening credits of the Hawaii Five-0 series. At 30 storeys, it offers unreal views over the ocean and the island. It's also just two blocks from Hawaii's largest shopping mall, and a short walk from Waikiki's trendy, buzzing bars, excellent restaurants and the Hawaii Convention Centre. ,
- Ka'anapali Beach Hotel, Maui: Outstanding service, reasonable room rates and a bit of kitsch charm in the popular western Maui seaside resort of Kaanapali Beach. Kaanapali Beach Hotel has a footpath connecting it to beachfront restaurants and an open-air shopping centre, enjoys access to the nearby Kaanapali Golf Resort, and is just a 45-minute drive from Kahului airport
Image: The Royal Hawaiian. © 2017 Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. All rights reserved.
We can create a memorable itinerary that makes the most of this incredible destination and delivers against your key business objectives. Get in touch about Hawaii incentives now via the contact page or call +44 (0)161 482 8222 to talk to us.