Spotlight On... Iceland Incentive Travel
Iceland is an incredible destination, and Iceland incentive travel offers corporate groups the opportunity to dive into some breathtaking once-in-a-lifetime experiences.
Just a short hop from the UK, this unreal island is like nowhere else on earth. Its landscape is awe-inspiring, ranging from bubbling hot springs and explosive geysers to sweeping ancient glaciers and mountains.
Throw in a vibrant and sociable capital in Reykjavik, a Viking-clapping football team that the world fell in love with at last year’s Euros, and a chance - if you're lucky - to see the Northern Lights, and you’ve got yourself a spectacular incentives destination.
It’s no wonder the last few years have seen this immersive island developing such a great reputation... Iceland incentive travel is something special. Let’s take a closer look.
Carriers including Icelandair, Flybe and WOW Air fly direct to Reykjavik Keflavik from Birmingham, London (Gatwick and Heathrow), Manchester, Aberdeen and Glasgow several times a day.
You can reach the city itself from Keflavik by taxi (there is a rank outside arrivals), hire car, the Airport Express or the FlyBus - journeys are pre-bookable and take around 45 mins.
Where to Go & What to Do
If you're treating a group who like sport, book your Iceland incentive travel to coincide with an international football match and take your people to watch everyone's favourite underdog at the Laugardalsvöllur. Other Icelandic must-dos include:
- The Blue Lagoon: The Blue Lagoon geothermal spa is Iceland’s most iconic attraction, and an Iceland incentive travel essential. As well as unwinding in the warm water, corporate groups can opt for luxury entry packages that include spa treatments, massages, dinner reservations and exclusive fireside lounge access. ,
- Restaurants: Iceland boasts some outstanding restaurants including Dill (Chef-owner Gunnar Karl Gíslason is a standard bearer for New Nordic cuisine), Nora Magasin (an up-market gastropub from the Borg Restaurant's celebrity chef Völundur Völundarson), and Fish Market, a Reykjavik institution. ,
- Off the beaten track: Iceland’s great outdoors is breathtaking. Consider hiring a 4x4 for your group in Reykjavik and head out into the dramatic expanse of Thingvellir National Park where you can fish, dive, horse ride, hike, or just soak up the unreal scenery. Then book a Northern Lights safari for a night your group will never forget.
For a more refined evening drink head to Reykjavik Hotel Marina’s excellent cocktail bar, Slippbarinn, or Gallery Bar on Bergstadstraeti.
Iceland incentive travel also offers options for entertaining or celebrating. Consider booking an evening with champagne at the stunning Harpa Concert Hall. Their programme of concerts ranges from classical to cutting-edge, and meeting spaces are also available for private drinks receptions, prize-givings or team talks during your evening.
- Canopy by Hilton Reykjavik City Centre: A perfect option for Iceland incentive travel, this chic, contemporary hotel is just minutes on foot from the striking Harpa Concert Hall. The hotel has a 24-hour gym and the complimentary gourmet breakfast (served in their trendy, sophisticated restaurant) is great. ,
- Hotel Borg: Elegant and commanding, the Art Deco Hotel Borg overlooks the heart of Reykjavík, opposite Althingi, the Icelandic parliament, and the city’s iconic cathedral. The Borg is just minutes on foot from the city’s best restaurants, galleries, museums and speciality shops. ,
- Ion Adventure Hotel: 45 min outside Reykjavik near Thingvellir and the ‘Golden Circle’ (a 300km tour route taking in Iceland’s best geysers, waterfalls and lava flows) the striking, minimalist Ion Adventure Hotel is ideally placed for a trip exploring Iceland’s great outdoors.
Image: Canopy by Hilton Reykjavik City Centre. © 2017 Hilton, all rights reserved.
We can help you to create a memorable and effective itinerary that leverages everything on offer in the land of ice and fire. Get in touch about Iceland incentive travel now via the Contact page or call +44 (0)161 482 8222 to talk to us.