Inconnection's 5 Best UK Incentive Travel Destinations
The impact and long-term ROI of incentive travel has made it a priority for our clients, especially through the economic and political uncertainty of the last 12 months.
For many that uncertainty - and a weak pound - has meant looking closer to home for trips and experiences.
UK incentive travel is a budget-friendly option that minimises risk, outlay and down time in workflows, and the UK is well primed to deliver the sort of once-in-a-lifetime incentive trip that Sales leaders dream about. Let's take a closer look at the very best UK incentive travel destinations.
Not only one of the best UK incentive travel destinations, but one of the best incentive destinations in the world. It's all here, from world-famous venues and restaurants to horse-drawn carriage tours and powerboats on the Thames.
The only limit to your London incentive is your imagination. If you can dream it, London can deliver. Here are just a few ideas:
- A privately chartered Thames cruise: Opt for a traditional afternoon tea or silver service dining with live jazz against the slow-moving backdrop of the UK's greatest city ,
- See landmarks differently: Dinner in a pod on the privately hired London Eye? We can make that happen. An expedition up over the roof of the O2 at sunset? No problem ,
- SmallcarBIGCITY: Explore London's sights and hidden gems in a fleet of classic Minis. Tours can be tailored to your group or arranged as themed treasure hunts.
Edinburgh is one of the most popular destinations for UK incentive travel - a dynamic, exciting city drenched in centuries of heritage. Stay in Edinburgh for canal cruises, world-class comedy and dining, or head out of the city for your own privately organised Highland Games, golf or the Glenkinchie Distillery tour. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Book out the Cameo: One of Tarantino's favourite cinemas, the Cameo has some of the comfiest reclining seats in Edinburgh. Perfect for a relaxed, informal evening with a film ,
- Explore underground: Beneath Edinburgh lies a labyrinth of historic underground streets, tunnels and vaults that now offer guided tours and even subterranean dining ,
- St Andrews: Treat your people to a night or two at St Andrews Old Course Hotel, complete with golf on the Duke's St Andrews, a champagne picnic on West Sands Beach and five star fish and chips in Fife.
The hotel is still one of the best in the world, and makes the most of its 850 acre setting with three world-class championship golf courses - including the PGA Centenary, host of 2014's Ryder Cup.
Other activities and experiences on offer include:
- Indoor & outdoor activities: from flying hawks in the grounds to immersing your team in luxury spa treatments ,
- Petrol-power: Off-road 4x4 countryside safaris or chauffeur-driven tours of historic sites in and around Edinburgh ,
- Indulge your group: Tutored whisky tastings in the Blue Bar and private dining in the atmospheric Gleneagles Cellars.
A short hop from the UK mainland (with over 100 UK-Ireland flights a week), Belfast is full of traditional pubs and exceptional restaurants, and is well placed for enjoying Northern Ireland's great outdoors. Make getting around an experience in itself by hiring yachts, horse-drawn carriages and classic cars. Activities for your Belfast incentive could include:
- Unique tours: A helicopter flyover of the Giant’s Causeway or a private Game of Thrones locations tour ,
- Incredible experiences: An activity visit to Castle Ward, including archery and a speedboat trip on Strangford Lough, or a round at the beautiful Royal Belfast Golf Club ,
- A meal to remember: Dine aboard the SS Nomadic (the Titanic's First Class passenger tender).
5. The Cotswolds
For a quieter take on UK incentive travel, the Cotswolds are picturesque and relaxed. Attendees can enjoy beautiful scenery, a digital-free retreat and reboot, or a stay at the historic Foxhill Manor hotel (just a 10 min walk from dinner at the award-winning Garden Room Restaurant). Activities in the Cotswolds could include:
- Hit the Road: Hire classic cars to let your people explore the Cotswolds in style, or going off-road for a rural rally driving experience ,
- Head off the beaten track: Book a cycle or driving tour of the Cotswold's hidden gems, local food producers or best bars and restaurants ,
- Hit the water: Croft Farm is an exceptional sailing centre, and the nearby River Avon offers kayaking and canoeing.
From drinks, dinner and dancing on an exclusive historic sea fortress in the Solent to chartering the Orient Express for a wine and dining-filled journey through the countryside, taking your high fliers even higher in a hot air balloon, or opting for a black tie drinks reception at Bath's Roman Baths, UK incentive travel can deliver exceptional, jaw-dropping experiences.
__________We would love to help you get the most out of your UK incentive travel experience. Get in touch now via our contact page or call +44 (0)161 482 8222 to talk to us.