Job title – Account Manager (Events & Incentives)
Reporting to: Senior Account Manager
Inconnection is an events, incentive & experiential agency committed to creating lasting impressions for clients. Never leaving anything to chance, we always measure the impact of our endeavours on the people we reach. Focusing at all times on delivering true value to business through memories that matter.
A well-established agency with an impressive client base, you will be joining a team of creative event professionals at an exciting time as the company moves into larger growth plans. This is a great opportunity to be part of the development and further your career in a dynamic fast paced environment.
The Account Manager will hold a key role within their account team and will be accountable for the end to end delivery of event and incentive projects with their own dedicated client contacts and projects. The role will include extensive brief taking, proposal/concept work, budget creation/management and operational delivery. They will be required to manage live projects and incentive trips onsite with frequent UK and overseas travel. They will complete post event debriefs with financial reconciliation.
This individual must have prior agency experience and a proven track record of delivering conferences and events within an agency environment. They will have meticulous attention to detail and the ability to manage complex budgets. The Account Manager will report to the Senior Account Manager, will have line management responsibility and will work to a set of agreed objectives based on financial, clients, service and people / personal development.
Skills and Experience
- Solid financial and budgeting skills, with a good understanding of Excel
- Adopt an ‘every penny counts’ approach to cost control
- Recognise the opportunity to increase revenue with the upsell of additional event services
- Will be expected to work to a profit margin target for each event / project
- Great negotiation skills with all 3rd party suppliers
- Build and nurture relationships with customers and have the ability to recognise new opportunities for account growth across all agency services
- Be able to proactively and confidently sell Inconnections full range of services
- Must demonstrate steps to exceed customer expectations
- Exceptional communication skills when dealing with customers and suppliers
- Adhere to the Inconnection SLA always and act as an Inconnection Ambassador at all times both internally and externally
- Consistent use of all internal and external documents and templates
- Good internal communication with your line manager, line report/s and peers
- Correct usage of the company CRM system keeping this updated daily
- Always work in line with the company values (based on Relationships, Authenticity, Results and Experience)
Additional Qualities / Experience required
- Natural creative talent with excellent writing skills
- 5+ years live event experience within an agency environment – experience in conferences, seminars, meetings (incentive travel preferable but not essential)
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic with an upbeat attitude
- Excited by new challenges and hungry for success
- Ability to handle multiple accounts with conflicting priorities
- Able to use initiative and be proactive in their approach
- Ability to guide and support less experienced team members
- Ability and willingness to travel as frequent travel in the UK and overseas
Please get in touch with Sarah by calling 01614983311 or by email at [email protected]